I’m going to
tell you all about my past month. This past month has went by crazy fast! As I
was packing up at home, getting ready to be on my own it finally hit me. I’m
going to miss home more than I thought. As move in day got closer and closer my
emotions were everywhere. My moms crying my dads crying and next thing you know
I’m crying! They were filled with tears of joy and sadness but yet so proud of
me. Their ONLY BABYGIRL was actually leaving the house. I still have trouble believing
I packed up and moved to College Station on my own. One huge thing I had to
realize I wasn’t going to see my parents EVERYDAY! I know their just a phone
call away so since I had to adjust to many new things this as well. Hearing
them through the phone is not the same as their hugs.
I’ve had to
adjust to many new things. My new schedule for school and work, new people new
home. Settling into Bryan/College Station wasn’t so bad for me. I actually like
living on my own. I’ve met so many people while being here for just a short
month. I have many of my new friends in many of my classes! The three girls I wouldn’t
trade meeting for the world are Autumn, Gabbi and Kyndall Ray. I have Kyndall
in majority of my classes which is GREAT! Autumn is in my music class which
makes that one class more fun. The day me and Autumn met the day I knew she was
going to be a life long friend. Now Gabbi I have her in two classes. These
three girls I wouldn’t trade meeting for the world. My classes wouldn’t be as
fun if I didn’t have them. I’m glad I have met new people but some classmates
from my old school are here as well especially my best friend hunter since the ninth
grade.
My classes are all
pretty easy going for the most part. Work after work but that’s what college is
for. I Have many classes I like actually just one in particular I struggle in which
is MATH. I’ve struggled in Math since I was a freshman in High School. I never really
worked on it so much until now! I have a Education class and Mrs. Marianne has
taught me a lot about studying with her behavior modification project. I have
actually started doing better in math
more understanding and more studying! Crazy I’m already a month into school and
just took my first exam in READ. I felt pretty prepared but my test anxiety always
gets the best of me. It wasn’t as bad as I thought. My first short answer/
essay test in his class I knew what standard was expected already. I’ve done so
many essays and short answers I could do them in my sleep. I love school and if I didn’t my response
would probably be a whole lot different and more negative. That’s not me though
Life to me is SIMPLE just like my classes accept math but I’m getting to like
it so that’s great! When you see progress in yourself it’s a great feeling.
Chelsey Jean, MATH is a four letter word. Well, I guess so is READ, but not in the same way that MATH is.
ReplyDeletei love it this essay has alot of emotions and shows how you really felt about being on your own
ReplyDeleteI feel you on how hard it was to leave home it was the worst.
ReplyDeleteIt was especially leaving my parents just a big change but we all can adapt eventually
DeleteYour first month sounds great .
ReplyDeleteI felt the same way about packing and moving out
ReplyDelete